Saturday 19 January 2013

Fancy Being the next CEO at Games Workshop?

Games Workshop have dispatched headhunters to find a new CEO to replace Mark Wells, who's been at the helm for the past 5 years.

I haven't had a call from them yet, but I still thought I'd do some prep so I can hit the ground running.  My  masterplan for "moving the business forward", as MBA types like to say, is to take GW's £11.1m profit from last year, and use it to buy the Dungeons & Dragons name and back catalogue.  After that I will begin a major roll-out of B/X and AD&D rules and adventures, whilst at the same time cutting most of the current Warhammer lines.  If, no, when this strategy succeeds, I shall begin a programme of recasting classic Citadel miniatures from the 80's.  In keeping with the spirit of the company, I will keep GW's strict restricted toilet break policy for staff (oops sorry I mean colleagues) though.


3 comments:

  1. Excellent plans! I hope you land the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, I hope you get the call soon ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan. I look forward to this new and invigorated direction.

    ReplyDelete